Best Scooter In India - Vote For Your Favourite
Take your pick from this list of the best scooters available in India
The Auto Premier League is our latest effort that recognises the best two-wheelers in the country, but this time round, it not us who are in the driving seat, it is you. Yes, you decide which the best two-wheelers in their respective segments and what's better is that you can win some exciting stuff. For more details on the Auto Premier League, check out this story. To vote for your favourite bikes, head here to the voting page.
We begin with scooters. Now, scooters serve a multitude of purposes. Traditionally, scooters are meant to be practical and family-centric but new-age products have also added sportiness and style to the mix. But which is the best scooter available at the moment? While Honda has been ruling the segment for decades, players like Suzuki and TVS also offer some delightful scooters. Here’s a list of scooters that you can choose from:
Honda Activa 6G
The one that revolutionised the scooter segment in India, the Honda Activa 6G has come a long way. Key updates like a telescopic fork and a 12-inch front wheel add comfort and stability to the scooter. It looks just like its elder 125cc sibling and borrows few features, like an ACG starter motor for super-smooth starts, remote fuel filler cap and side-stand engine kill switch, from it.
- Extremely refined engine
- ACG makes starting a magically smooth affair
- Honda reliability is par none
- No disc brake option
- Misses out on a USB charger and underseat light
- No digital dash option
For more detailed information about the Honda Activa 6G, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/honda/activa
The TVS Jupiter is one of the few scooters that has managed to give the Honda Activa a good run for its money in the 110cc class. It is light, offers great fuel efficiency and most importantly, the ride quality is supple.
- Packs a frugal engine
- Offers excellent ride quality
- Classic trim colours lend it a premium touch
- Misses out on a disc brake option for BS6
- Design has begun to show its age
- Lacks modern features
For more detailed information about the TVS Jupiter, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/tvs/jupiter
While the Activa is for the family-oriented buyer, those looking for something youthful and energetic have always picked the Honda Dio. The new BS6 Dio also gets the updates found on the Activa 6G but manages to retain its funky looks. It also has an LED headlight and digital dash as option, something which has gone amiss on the new Activa.
- Remains the youthful scooter it always was
- Engine performance is marginally better than the Activa’s
- Still retains a LED headlight and a digital dash
- Honda still doesn’t offer a front disc brake or alloy wheels
- Has become pricey
- Few colour options look a bit gaudy
For more detailed information about the Honda Dio, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/honda/dio
Yamaha Fascino 125
In the BS6 era, Yamaha no longer offers a 110cc scooter but rather has upgraded the Fascino to the 125cc segment. It is a lot more curvaceous than before with styling cues borrowed from modern Vespas. The chrome bits accentuate its stylish appeal. It skimps on modern features like LED headlight and digital instrument cluster.
- One of the lightest scooters in its class
- New riding posture is a bit more relaxed
- Competitively priced
- Misses out convenient features like external fuel filler cap
- No LED headlight or digital console, even as an option
For more detailed information about the Yamaha Fascino 125, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/yamaha/fascino
Honda Activa 125
India’s first BS6 two-wheeler to go on sale, the Honda Activa 125 got a plethora of updates. The silent ACG starter system is unbelievably quiet. Refinement levels are excellent, something that we have come to expect from Honda. What’s more, the new engine delivers better mileage.
- Excellent refinement levels
- Packs a lot of features
- Can bank on Honda’s reliability
- Has become a bit too pricey
- Engine feels breathless
- Mileage is lower than other 125cc family scooters
For more detailed information about the Honda Activa 125, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/honda/activa-125
Suzuki Access 125
The Suzuki Access 125 is one of India’s most popular 125cc scooters and for good reason -- it balances elegance, practicality, performance, and frugality quite well. The latest BS6 update might not have seen a lot of new features, but it is better than its predecessor in many ways.
- No drop in performance levels with BS6 update
- Motor refinement continues to be best in class
- Offers brilliant ride quality while riding solo or with a pillion
- External fuel filler cap is a bit fidgety to use
- Braking performance could have been better
- Design feels a bit dated
For more detailed information about the Suzuki Access 125, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/suzuki/access-125
TVS NTorq 125
The TVS NTorq 125 is one of those scooters that has sporty intentions but still manages to be practical and convenient. Its funky design draws inspiration from fighter planes, especially the faux rear vents. It is the first scooter in India to get smartphone connectivity with the digital dash giving call and SMS alerts as well as turn-by-turn navigation.
- One of the quickest scooters in India
- Packs tonnes of features
- Extremely well balanced for spirited riding as well as commuting
- BS6 updates have made the scooter a bit pricey
- City fuel efficiency could have been better
For more detailed information about the TVS NTorq 125, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/tvs/ntorq-125
Aprilia SR 160
Aprilia is known for making racy products and the SR 160 is no different. It is fast and offers almost motorcycle-like riding dynamics. It has fierce stopping power and the tyres are grippy as well. Its suspension units are set up for sport riding, which might be a bit discomforting while going over bumps and potholes.
- Quickest scooter that we have tested
- Razor sharp handling makes it a hoot to ride
- Braking performance is excellent
- Frightfully expensive now
- Gets nothing new with BS6 update
- Ride quality is harsh
For more detailed information about the Aprilia SR 160, click here: https://www.bikedekho.com/aprilia/sr-160-bs6
- Renew Honda Activa 6G Scooter Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)