Searching for electric bikes or electric scooters in India? Bikedekho is the right place for you. There are 46 electric bikes/motorcycles currently on sale from various manufacturers like Ather, Ola, TVS and many more starting from Rs 69,999. The most popular products under this bracket are the Revolt RV400(Rs. 1.14 Lakh), Ultraviolette F77(Rs. 3.80 Lakh) and Joy e-bike Beast(Rs. 2.42 Lakh) (all prices Ex-showroom). The popular new EV two wheelers making their debut in 2023 include the Eko Tejas E-Dyroth, Kawasaki Ninja HEV and Raptee Electric Bike. So if you are planning to buy a new electric two-wheeler, your search ends here. Check the complete list of electric bikes with info like on road price, range, battery capacity, colours, reviews, top speed, charging time, other details for each of these e bikes which will help you in choosing the best EV.
Also check Electric Bikes Charging Stations?
Best Electric Bikes in India 2023
|Revolt RV400||Rs. 1.14 - 1.19 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Ultraviolette F77||Rs. 3.80 - 5.60 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Joy e-bike Beast||Rs. 2.42 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Orxa Mantis||Rs. 3.60 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Oben Rorr||Rs. 1.50 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi|
Electric Bikes in India
- Revolt RV40085 km/hr150 km/charge4.5 HrRs1.14 - 1.19 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Ultraviolette F77152 km/hr307 km/charge4 HrRs3.80 - 5.60 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Joy e-bike Beast90 km/hr110 km/charge9 HrRs2.42 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Orxa Mantis135 km/hr221 km/chargeRs3.60 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Oben Rorr100 km/hr200 km/charge2 HrRs1.50 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Tork Kratos R70 km/hr180 km/charge6-7 HrRs1.37 - 1.67 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- PURE EV EcoDryft75 km/hr171 km/charge3 HrRs1.20 - 1.30 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Komaki Ranger200-250 km/charge6 HrRs1.86 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Matter Aera125 km/charge5 HrRs1.74 - 1.84 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Odysse Electric Evoqis80 km/hr6 HrRs1.71 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- One Electric Motorcycles Kridn95 km/hr110 km/chargeRs1.35 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Kabira Mobility KM 3000100 km/hr120 km/charge6.5 HrRs1.76 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- ABZO VS01180 km/chargeRs1.80 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- PURE EV eTryst 35085 km/hr90-140 km/charge6 HrRs1.50 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Komaki XGT CAT 2.090-100 km/charge8 HrRs96,207 - 1.02 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Hop Oxo82 km/hr60-120 km/charge4.45 HrRs1.43 - 1.73 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Atumobile Atum Version 1.025 km/hr100 km/charge3-4 HrRs69,999, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Kabira Mobility KM 4000120 km/hr150 km/charge6.5 HrRs1.76 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Atumobile AtumVader65 km/hr100 km/charge3.5 HrRs1.09 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Odysse Electric VADER85 km/hr4 HrRs1.62 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Srivaru Motors Prana123 km/hr126 km/charge4.5 HrRs2.25 - 3 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Joy e-bike Monster25 km/hr75 km/charge4-4.5 HrRs1.10 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Komaki MX380-90 km/charge5 HrRs1.15 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- ADMS BravoRs1.85 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Komaki XGT Classic80-90 km/charge5 HrRs1.11 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Joy e-bike Hurricane90 km/hr80 km/charge8 HrRs2.33 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
- Earth Energy EV Evolve Z95 km/hr100 km/charge2.5 HrRs1.30 Lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi
Electric Bike Key Components
The rechargeable battery is the power source of the electric two-wheeler and provides the fuel (electricity) to the electric motor. Modern electric bikes and scooters typically use a lithium-ion battery pack, which is usually the most expensive component in an electric two-wheeler. While they are much more affordable, these batteries are considerably heavier than lithium-ion units and take longer to charge.
Electric motors replace the complex powertrains of conventional two-wheelers. Usually, manufacturers provide a chassis-mounted motor with a belt or in some cases, a chain drive. Some electric two-wheelers have hub motors. Electric motors have the advantage of immediate peak torque delivery and noiseless, pollution-free operation.
All that immediate torque may not always be needed, so EVs come with a controller to regulate the flow of power from the battery pack to its motor. It computes usage with respect to the available battery charge and delivers power accordingly. This also opens up electric two-wheelers to various driving modes.
Electric vehicles Pros and Cons
Zero vehicular pollution
Higher Initial Investment
Not-so-great on performance
Scooters are generally associated with urban runabouts and hence, it makes sense for brands to introduce electric options. Motorcycles are a different ballgame as the usage is always expected to be higher, and consequently, they’re expected to offer better range. The Indian two-wheeler segment is still some way from offering electric motorcycles that are good enough to replace a conventional petrol-powered two-wheeler.
Electric Bikes By brand
- Ola Electric
- Hero Electric
- Benling India
- PURE EV
- Hero Lectro
- BattRE Electric Mobility
- Joy e-bike
- Ujaas Energy
- Stella Automobili
- NIJ Automotive
- BNC Motors
- iGowise Mobility
- Quantum Energy
- Trinity Motors
- Aftek Motors
- Power EV
- Okaya Electric
- White Carbon Motors
- Birla e-bike
- Ampere Electric
- Gravton Motors
- Detel EV
- One Moto
- Odysse Electric
- AMO Electric
- Numeros Motors
- Shema E-Vehicle
- Evtric Motors
- Essel Energy
- Velev Motors
- Srivaru Motors
- SVITCH BIKE
- Kyte Energy
- Li-ions Elektrik Solutions
- Orxa Energies
- Oben Electric
- Warivo Motors
- GRP EV
- One Electric Motorcycles
- Jitendra EV
- Earth Energy EV
- Kabira Mobility
- Merico Electric
- Toutche Electric
- Energy Automobile
- HCD India
- Greta Electric
- Fidato Evtech
- Crayon Motors
- SUPER ECO
Compare Electric Bikes
User Reviews of E Bikes
Electric Bikes Images
- Revolt RV400
- Ultraviolette F77
- Joy e-bike Beast
- Orxa Mantis
- Oben Rorr
Electric Scooters & Bikes News
Popular Electric Bikes Road Test
FAQs on Electric Bikes & Scooters
Which is best electric bikes to buy?
One of the best electric bikes is Revolt RV400 with a price of 1.14 Lakh.
Which are the popular electric bikes?
The most popular electric bikes are Revolt RV400, Ultraviolette F77 and Joy e-bike Beast.
Do electric bikes need insurance?
Yes, just like any internal combustion-powered two-wheeler, an electric two-wheeler also requires insurance.
Are electric bikes automatic?
Currently, most electric motorcycles are automatic. However, several electric giants have started working on gearboxes for electric motorcycles.
What are the advantages of an e-Bike over regular bikes?
There are fewer consumables on an electric bike. This means lesser maintenance hassles and costs. Also, the cost of running an electric bike is much less compared to a petrol-powered two-wheeler. In fact, for some electric two-wheelers, the running cost per km is almost 1/10th that of a petrol-powered bike or scooter.
What is the range I can get from a single charge on an electric motorcycle?
The real-world range of most electric scooters in India today is somewhere between 75-90km. Electric motorcycles usually have a larger battery pack and can go up to 100-110km on a single charge. But these numbers are for high-speed and premium electric two-wheelers. More affordable electric vehicles have lesser range
How long does it take to charge an e-bike’s battery?
Most electric bikes usually take 5-6 hours of charging time via a standard 5A wall charger. If the bike has fast charging compatibility, the charging time could be reduced to as low as 1 hour. The charging time varies between lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries and also the battery capacity.
Do electric scooters/bikes need a license?
If the top speed of the electric scooter/bike is above 25kmph, then you do require a two-wheeler license as well as vehicle registration to ride it.
How do electric scooters/motorcycles work?
Power is transmitted from an electric motor to the rear wheel by either a belt drive, chain drive or a mechanical transfer box, on in many cases, there’s an electric motor that’s built into the rear wheel itself (called a hub motor). The basics are similar to a petrol-powered scooter or bike, which includes a motor (engine), battery (fuel), transmission and a drive system.
Do electric scooters/bikes have motors?
Yes, electric scooters/bikes do have an electric motor to power the vehicle.
Do electric scooters/bikes have brakes?
Yes, or else they would not be allowed to be sold to the public. All electric bikes or scooters that develop more than 11kW need mandatory ABS. Currently, all electric bikes and scooters on sale in India feature CBS.
Do electric motorcycles have gears?
They do not have traditional gearboxes as of now. The transmission system may comprise of mechanical gears to transfer the power from the motor to the rear wheel efficiently.
Do electric bikes/motorcycles make noise?
There is a whirring sound from the motor, or a whine that’s usually associated with belt drive systems. Certain electric motorcycles that use chain drive also have chain noise. That said, all of these noises are significantly more silent than conventional engines. If you are expecting a sound from your riding experience like an internal combustion two-wheeler, then you will be disappointed. However, the Revolt RV 400 offers the option of an artificial exhaust note using a speaker.
Are electric motorcycles safe?
Yes, they are. Almost all electric vehicles get an IP67/IP68 waterproof rating which allows the rider to ride them even when the scooter is submerged under 1 metre in water.
Which electric bikes/scooters are best?
The answer depends on the purpose the bike/scooter will serve for you. The popular options currently are the Bajaj Chetak, Ather 450X and the Revolt RV 400 in the high-speed electric two-wheeler segment.