May 2019 Sales: Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sells More Than KTM 390 Duke, TVS Apache RR 310 and Kawasaki Ninja 300 Combined
The Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 have seen a steady rise in demand over the past couple of month
- Royal Enfield 650 Twins’ sales figure is 3.2 times higher than KTM 390 Duke, Kawasaki Ninja 300 and TVS Apache RR 310 combined!
- Royal Enfield has sold an average of over 2,000 units since April this year.
- Both 650cc models command a waiting period of four to six months across India.
As anticipated, Royal Enfield’s latest motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650, have proved to be successful for the Chennai-based manufacturer. In May 2019, Royal Enfield sold a combined total of 2,427 units of the two models which is 3.2 times more than the combined sales of the KTM Duke 390, the Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the TVS Apache RR 310.
With prices starting at just Rs 2.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), it’s no wonder that the 650 twins have been in high demand of late. In comparison, other motorcycles that are available at the same price point pack smaller 300-400cc engines. So it goes without saying that the 650 twins offer the most bang for your buck. Sadly, the high demand for the twins has led to their waiting period extend to up to six months across India.
The company has been witnessing a steady rise in demand for the 650 twins. While Royal Enfield sold 1,700 units of the 650 twins in March, it sold 2,014 units in April, prompting the bikemaker to increase its production capacity at its facilities. Expect sales figures to increase further as the two motorcycles etch their way into the hearts of two-wheeler enthusiasts across the country.
Sales numbers courtesy: Autopunditz
- Renew Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
- Buy Health Insurance - Compare & Save Big! - (InsuranceDekho.com)