2021 Honda Gold Wing Launched In India At Rs 37.20 Lakh
The Gold Wing is Honda’s top-of-the-line touring motorcycle
- Honda India has launched the BS6 Gold Wing at Rs 37,20,342 (ex-showroom Gurugram).
- The bike is available in one variant and two transmission options.
- Packs traction control, cruise control, all-LED lighting, electric reverse gear, and a 7-inch TFT instrument cluster.
Honda has launched the BS6 Gold Wing (official name is GL1800) in India with prices starting from Rs 37,20,342 (ex-showroom Gurugram), costing Rs 10.35 lakh more than the BS4 version. Only the ‘Tour’ variant has been brought here and it’s available in two transmission options - Manual (Rs 37,20,342) and DCT (Rs 39,16,055).
In its transition to BS6 norms, not much has changed. The Gold Wing still looks essentially the same; it stands out with a radical all-LED headlamp paired with several chrome elements, including on the exhausts, for a classic touch. There are two colour options on offer: Pearl Glare White (only for MT) and Gunmetal Black Metallic/Matt Morion Black (only for DCT).
- Honda Activa, H’Ness CB350 & Other Bikes Recalled In India
- Honda Benly e Spied In India: Will Honda Launch This Or An Activa Electric?
- 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 lakh
The long list of features on the Gold Wing hasn’t changed either. The bike packs ride-by-wire tech, traction control, hill start assist, idle-stop/start, cruise control, an electric reverse gear, a USB type-C port, smartphone connectivity, self-cancelling indicators, and heated seats and grips. All of this is accessible via a car-like 7-inch TFT infotainment system surrounded by a new set of speakers.
The Gold Wing Tour also gets a top box at the rear, capable of accommodating two full-sized helmets. This, in turn, helps increase pillion comfort, thanks to the backrest with cushioned armrests that ensure an almost couch-like experience.
Powering the Gold Wing is the same 1,833cc flat-six engine (paired with either a DCT or manual transmission) tweaked to meet BS6 norms. It puts out 126PS and 170 Nm. The motor is housed in a diecast aluminium twin-spar frame suspended by double wishbone suspension and a monoshock, with four electronically adjustable preload settings.
Anchoring this 385kg mammoth are twin 320mm discs with 6-piston calipers up front along with a 316mm single disc with 3-piston caliper at the rear, both with sintered brake pads. Even though 385kg is a lot, the Gold Wing makes up for it with its low seat height of just 745mm, even lower than that of the TVS XL100 moped!
- Renew Honda Gold Wing Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)