BREAKING: Honda Rides In New Activa H-Smart
It packs a whole range of cutting edge tech, for a decent premium
Honda India has taken the wraps of a new variant of its best-selling scooter, that it calls the Activa 6G H-Smart. Priced at Rs 80,537, this variant of the Activa is priced Rs 6,001 more than the standard variant, which costs Rs 74,536 (both prices ex-showroom Delhi). Wondering what it packs for this premium? Let’s jump right into it.
For starters, it is now OBD-2 compliant, which are new emission norms slated to come into effect from April 1, 2023. As per these norms, vehicles will have to comply with emission regulations in real time, as opposed to laboratory conditions.
In addition, the Activa H-Smart gets a smart key (that replaces the physical key), which helps bring a layer of convenience along with stepping up its anti-theft measures.
Here’s a small graphic to help you understand how the smart key works in Honda’s two-wheelers:
Here’re a list of functions that can now be possible to use with the smart key:
- Smart Find: A press of a button on the smart key, and all indicators of the scooter illuminate, to help you find the scooter in a crowded parking lot. This works within a range of 10 metres.
- Smart Unlock: When you’re within a radius of two metres from the scooter, the handle automatically unlocks, and you also have the option of unlocking the seat and fuel lid using a switch.
- Smart Safe: It gets an anti-theft function, which is essentially a toned-down version of the Honda Ignition Security System. The scooter gets an engine immobiliser, to help prevent engine ignition when the key is not in range.
- Smart Start: When the smart key is within two metres of the scooter, the engine can be started with the press of a button.
In addition to the smart key, the Honda Activa H-Smart also gets alloy wheels, something we’ve been longing for quite a while now. This new variant will be available in six colours – Decent Blue, Rebel Red Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Black, Pearl Precious White and Pearl Siren Blue.
The price of the Standard and Deluxe variants of the Activa too have been hiked by Rs 1,177. The former is now priced at Rs 74,536 and the latter is priced at Rs 77,036 (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).
While all this tech on the Activa is appreciated, we would like the Japanese marque to equip its best-selling scooter with a disc brake and semi-digital instrument console. This would help make the Activa a better value-for-money proposition and bring it more in-line with its primary rival, the TVS Jupiter. The scooter also rivals the Hero Maestro Edge 110 and the Hero Pleasure Xtec.
- Renew Honda Activa 6G Scooter Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)