EXCLUSIVE: BS6 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Bookings Open
You can now book the updated Interceptor 650 for Rs 10,000
- Expect a price hike of around Rs 8,000 to Rs 10,000 for the BS6 model.
- Deliveries to begin by mid- to late-February.
- We don’t expect the BS6 Interceptor 650 to get any major mechanical change.
According to our sources, Royal Enfield dealers in select cities have started accepting bookings for the BS6 Interceptor 650 as the BS4 stock is nearly over. The booking amount of the BS6 iteration is pegged at Rs 10,000 with deliveries expected to begin by mid- to late-February.
We haven’t received any word about the Continental GT 650, but it’s safe to assume that BS6 versions of both motorcycles will be launched at the same time. We also do not have any details about the price, but according to our sources, Royal Enfield could increase the price by around Rs 8,000 to Rs 10,000 over the standard model. Just to put things into perspective, the BS4 Interceptor 650 starts from Rs 2.56 lakh and the Continental GT 650 retails at Rs 2.79 lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).
Since both motorcycles are fairly new, we don’t expect Royal Enfield to make any major mechanical change. However, a slight difference in power and torque is likely. The current 650cc unit makes 47.6PS and 53Nm.
What about cosmetic changes? Well, we believe the bike maker could throw in some new paint options and a few features. We also expect Royal Enfield to offer alloy wheels as an optional extra with the BS6 Interceptor 650. This is still a developing story, so stay tuned to BikeDekho for all the latest updates.
- Renew Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)
- Buy Health Insurance - Compare & Save Big! - (InsuranceDekho.com)