2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Spotted Yet Again, Launch Imminent
Like the Meteor 350, the next-generation Classic 350 is based on RE’s new J-platform
- It will be powered by a new 350cc single-cylinder motor.
- Features updated instrument console with tripper navigation.
- Likely to demand a slight premium over the current model.
Royal Enfield has been tight-lipped on the launch of its highly-anticipated 2021 Classic 350. However, a new video has surfaced online, likely from a dealer yard, hinting that the country’s beloved retro roadster is likely to debut by the end of this month or early July.
The bike maker has been extensively testing the new model for the past one year, so most of its details were already known. This video only confirms the changes to the 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350.
We already know that the 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350 is based on the J-platform, first seen on the Meteor 350. Hence, both the bikes will share a lot of components, including the new 349cc single-cylinder engine producing 20.4PS and 27Nm.
Even the handlebar appears taller than the current model’s (likely to be the same as Meteor’s), which could give a more comfortable riding position. Another big change comes in the form of foldable rider footpegs, also seen on the Meteor 350. Even the seat seems slightly different from the current Classic 350, which is almost flat.
- Royal Enfield Scram Trademark Filed: Is It A 650cc Scrambler Or A Meteor 350-based Scrambler?
- Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 And Bullet 350 Recalled!
- Royal Enfield Meteor 350: Road Test Review
The red seat seen in the spy shots is likely to be only for select paint jobs. Other changes on the bike include updated elements like headlight and tail light, and an updated instrument console with tripper navigation pod.
Royal Enfield will continue to have an array of paint options for the new bike. We expect the 2021 Classic 350 to demand Rs 7,000 to 10,000 over the outgoing model, which is priced from Rs 1.67 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards. The new Classic 350 will go up against the likes of the Benelli Imperiale 400 and the Jawa.
Image Source: Guru Jeet Vlogs YT
- Renew 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)