Foreign Bike Manufacturers that Came in India in 2015
Modified On Oct 29, 2018 By Gajraj Singh Bhati
Being the best in terms of styling, engine, power and comfort, foreign manufacturers have produced a lot of machines globally. Whether it’s MotoGP or city streets, International two-wheeler makers have a lot in stock, which is being experienced by their Indian fans. Slowly and gradually, foreign manufacturers are spreading their wings in the country with their super models being introduced regularly.
India is one the biggest two-wheeler market, and that’s the reason every foreign bike manufacturer is eying Indian market to sell their mighty machines. May it be Suzuki Hayabusa, Yamaha YZFR1, Kawasaki H2, Indian biking fans have welcomed these superbikes with open arms. The success of Superbikes in India has given the required boost to foreign bike companies to launch themselves in India even more. Let’s have a look at some foreign brands that have been introduced in the Indian market in 2015.
1. MV Agusta
Italian superbike maker MV Agusta recently entered the Indian market after signing the partnership with the Pune based Kinetic group. Kinetic will look after Agusta’s Indian sales and its branding in the country. Also, the entire range of this Italian giant would be available in India at the dealerships setup by Kinetic. Agusta launched its two machines - Brutale 1090 and F4, which are available at its dealerships in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
· Brutale 1090: With a powerful engine of 1078 cc the bike has a strong competition with Kawasaki Z1000 and Suzuki GSX-S1000.
· F4: Its power comes from a 998 cc engine. The bike is strongly competing with Harley Davidson Super glide Custom S-TD and BMW HP2.
Another big name coming in from Italy is Benelli. The company has got a splendid response in Indian automobile industry and has managed to build a satisfying fan base from the time it came in India. The well-known Italian manufacturer has launched six bikes in India so far. Whether it’s a high-end machine or an entry level street fighter, Benelli has offered a bike in almost every segment. These Italian beauties can be spotted at the company’s dealerships in Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Pune, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Goa, Surat and Indore.
Benelli’s line-up is as follows
· TNT 25: With a spirited performance, this bike has a 249cc engine and have a neck to neck competition with Mahindra Mojo 300 and KTM Duke 390.
· TNT 300: For a power-pack riding experience, it has a 300cc engine. The bike takes on the likes of Kawasaki Z250 and KTM Duke 390.
· TNT 600i: With an engine capacity of 600cc, the bike will compete with rivals like Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph Street Triple and Honda CBR650F.
· TNT 600 GT: Specially designed for long routes, an impressive 600cc engine makes it a strong competitor of Kawasaki Ninja 650r and Honda CBR650F.
· TNT R: The 1131 cc engine of TNT R makes it one of the most powerful machines of the segment along with Ducati Monster 1200, Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and MV Agusta Brutale 1090.
· TNT 899: The Italian masterpiece gets power from its 898cc engine and has a strong competition with Triumph Street Triple and Kawasaki Z800.
3) Regal Raptor
Having its roots in China, Regal Raptor has an interesting history behind its formation. The name of the company is kept on a flying raptor, which was witnessed by the founder of Regal Raptors during his early days in China. In India, Regal Raptors can be bought at its dealership at Hyderabad in Telangana. Till now, the company offers three bikes in the country that are:
· Regal Raptor Cruiser: With an engine capacity of 320cc, the Regal Raptor cruiser competes with the likes of Harley and Triumph (in terms of styling).
· Regal Raptor Daytona: The Daytona shares the same engine capacity with the Raptor Cruiser and it competes with the styling of Harley Davidson Sportster series.
· Regal Raptor Bobber: This is the third and last name on the list and has the same engine displacement as Cruiser and Daytona.