Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R In The Works?
Rumours abound in Japan about a four-cylinder 400cc Ninja based on the successful Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R
- The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R will likely be slotted between the ZX-25R and the ZX-6R.
- It could make over 60PS of power.
- Could also feature multiple riding modes, traction control, and a more powerful twin-disc setup up front.
Rumours are rife in the ‘land of the rising sun’ that the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R might be in the works. A Japanese magazine reports that the bike will be positioned between the Ninja ZX-25R and the upcoming Euro 5-compliant Ninja ZX-6R.
Instead of downsizing the Ninja ZX-6R’s engine to 400cc, the upcoming motorcycle will reportedly be based on the Kawasaki ZX-25R to keep costs in check. It is likely to generate over 60PS of power, making it a whole 15PS more powerful than the current-generation Ninja 400 (with the parallel-twin engine). It is also likely to feature multiple riding modes and a traction control system. There could be a bi-directional quickshifter as standard fitment as well.
And to keep up with the extra firepower, the motorcycle could employ premium components like an inverted front fork, linked rear monoshock, twin front discs with radial calipers, and a disc at the rear.
All said and done, the possibility of a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R is only hearsay at this point in time. Hopefully, Kawasaki makes a formal announcement by the end of this year. The Tokyo Motor show, previously scheduled for October 2021, has been cancelled due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. We hope Kawasaki comes up with a virtual event, showcasing its latest developments. Let us know what you think of the ZX-4R in the comments.
- Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: Bikes We'd Like To See In India
- Kawasaki ZX-25R vs Ninja 400: Image Comparison
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6: Road Test Review
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-4R would be the spiritual successor to the legendary Kawasaki ZXR400, launched back in 1989 and sold through the 90s. Its 400cc inline-four engine helped it reach a top speed of over 200kmph, an impressive feat for a bike of its class.
Credit: Young Machine
- Renew Kawasaki Ninja 400 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)