Bajaj Dominar 400 Outsells Royal Enfield’s Entire 500cc Range
The Chakan-based bike maker sold close to 2,000 units in the month of May alone
- Bajaj sold 1,888 units of the Dominar 400 in May.
- Royal Enfield only sold 885 units of its entire 500cc range combined.
- The Dominar 400 was recently updated with premium underpinnings and features.
- The slump in sales of RE’s 500cc range could be because of the introduction of the 650 twins.
The Bajaj Dominar 400 has outsold the entire Royal Enfield 500cc range put together, in the month of May. The Chakan-based bike maker sold 1,888 units of the Dominar, registering a YOY increase of a healthy 59 per cent. Royal Enfield, on the other hand, was able to sell only 140 units of the Bullet 500, 612 units of the Classic 500 and 133 units of the Thunderbird 500 range.
Bajaj recently gave the Dominar 400 a comprehensive update, including premium underpinnings, more features and a re-tuned engine. All this was done while still keeping the pricing competitive at Rs 1.74 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
On the other hand, the Royal Enfield 500cc range hasn’t seen any update in a while. While there is a new and updated version of the Classic 350/500 in the works, it is scheduled to launch later this year. The slump in the sales of the 500cc range can also be attributed to the launch of the 650 twins.
Also Read - Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: Road Test Review
The Interceptor and the Continental GT, priced at Rs 2.50 lakh and Rs 2.65 lakh (both ex-showroom India) respectively, offer a tempting value-for-money proposition for anyone looking for a retro-classic motorcycle. Not surprising then, the firm has sold 2,427 units of both in May alone.
- Renew Bajaj Dominar 400 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)