Bajaj Avenger Street 160 BS6 Specs Revealed
Dealerships have begun accepting unofficial bookings for a token amount ranging between Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000
- Bajaj Avenger Street 160 BS6 makes the same power as the BS4 model.
- It retains the same underpinnings as well.
- Fuel injection should make the throttle crisper and the engine more fuel-efficient.
- It commands a premium of around Rs 7,500 over the BS4 model.
Over the past few months, Bajaj has been working on updating its entire portfolio to meet BS6 emission norms, and most of the bikes have already started reaching dealerships. The latest model to join the fleet is the Avenger Street 160. Unofficial bookings for the bike have commenced for a token amount ranging between Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000. Expect the bike to be launched in the next couple of weeks. We're sure most of you have one question lingering on your mind, has performance taken a hit? Here’s what the RTO documents we came across revealed.
While one would expect to see a drop in performance while switching from a carb to fuel injection, this isn’t the case with the Avenger 160. It produces 14.95PS at 8500rpm -- just 0.05PS less than the BS4 model. An insignificant difference to say the least. While we don’t have any official torque figures, we expect it to be on par with the BS4 model (13.5Nm). We believe the addition of fuel injection should offer better fuel efficiency while making the throttle response a bit crisper.
Priced at Rs 89,536 (ex-showroom Mumbai), the BS6 Bajaj Avenger Street 160 commands a premium of Rs 7,500 over the BS4 model. In terms of rivals, it goes up against the only cruiser in this segment, the Suzuki Intruder.
- Renew Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)