Scorcher Range Of Tyres Launched By Michelin
Michelin has launched six new tyres for Harley-Davidson motorcycles in India
Michelin has launched its Scorcher range of tyres in the Indian market targeted specifically towards Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The tyres are available at all Michelin authorized dealerships and in the replacement tyre market. The Scorcher 11 and Scorcher 31 are the two new range of Scorcher tyres which are now offered by Harley-Davidson as original equipment on the Sportster, Dyna, V-Rod and Harley-Davidson Street motorcycles.
Scorcher 31 –
The Scorcher 31 tyre range is targeted towards touring and comes fitted on nearly all the Harley-Davidson Sportster and Dyna models. This range has been manufactured with grip, resistance to wear and maneuverability in consideration. The new compound developed by the company provides excellent grip on damp surfaces and the new aramid fibre, used on wider tyres, increases robustness without compromising on weight. The tyres feature Amplified Density Technology (ADT) which has a rigid and high density carcass for increased agility and feedback.
Scorcher 11 –
It is the first radial range of tyres developed for Harley-Davidson Sportster SuperLow, XR® 1200, V-Rod Muscle and the Night Rod. Developed for hypersport range of motorcycles, the Scorcher 11 tyre helps offer responsive performance and stability at high speeds. This tyre range features Michelin SRT (Silica Rain Technology) which offers optimum grip on wet roads and has a longer tyre life.
Pradeep G Thampy, commercial director, Two Wheels for Michelin Africa-India-Middle East, said, “Michelin Scorchers is available through a wide network of Michelin dealerships across India in the replacement tyre market. With the inclusion of these tyres, today, our motorcycle tyre portfolio covers the widest possible range of leisure motorcycles in India.”
List of tyres with pricing and compatible motorcycles:
1) 100/90 B19 57H SCORCHER 31 F TL/TT – Rs 12,000 - Compatible with the Iron 883, Dyna Street Bob, Dyna Super Glide Custom, 883 Roadster (Front)
2) 150/80 B16 M/C 77HR SCORCHER 31 R TT/TL – Rs 14,500 - Compatible with the Iron 883, Forty-Eight, Heritage Softail, 883 Roadster (Rear)
3) 100/80-17 52H SCORCHER 11 F TL – Rs 10,000 - Compatible with the Street 750 (Front)
4) 140/75 R15 M/C 65H SCORCHER 11 REAR TL – Rs 13,500 -Street 750 (Rear)
5) 140/75 R 17 M/C 67V SCORCHER 11 F TL – Rs 16,500 - Fat Boy (Front)
6) 200/55 R 17 M/C 78V SCORCHER 11 R TL – Rs 19,000 - Fat Boy (Rear)