Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teased Ahead Of Launch
The Ducati Monster 797-inspired electric motorcycle might make its India debut this month itself
- The e-bike was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
- Claimed range is 150km and features swappable batteries.
- Expected to be priced around Rs 1 lakh.
With fuel prices at an all-time high, the electric-two-wheeler segment has seen some interesting offerings recently. Now, Okinawa has also teased its upcoming electric bike, the Oki100. This isn’t a new motorcycle, though, as the company had showcased it at the 2018 Auto Expo. We had also spoken to Okinawa’s Managing Director, and he had given away some key information about the Oki100. When launched, expect the bike to cost around Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom).
The bike in the teaser looks exactly like the one exhibited at the 2018 Auto Expo, which means not a lot has changed. At one quick glance, the Oki100 looks like a shrunken Ducati Monster 797. The headlamp, tank design, seat, and the red shade remind us of the Italian offering.
Not much is known about the mechanicals, but we expect the e-bike to have similar performance figures to those of the Revolt RV400, and also pack swappable batteries. For reference, the Revolt RV400 has a 3kW motor with a claimed range of 150km.
- Mamata Banerjee Gets On A YoByke e-Scooter To Protest Rising Fuel Prices
- Super Soco TC Wanderer, TS Street Hunter and CUMini E-Scooter Unveiled
- Ather 450X Real-World Test - Range, charging time & more details
As for its underpinnings, the prototype featured single discs at both ends, a USD fork, and a monoshock -- all of which we expect to be carried forward to the production bike. The bike might feature LED lighting and a digital instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity via the Okinawa Eco app further enabling features like geo-fencing, bike tracking, and trip history.
All this will make the Oki100 an interesting proposition in the market. Okinawa’s extensive service and dealership network should also help the manufacturer boost sales. That said, the teaser just says ‘Coming soon’, so the official launch might still be afar. Interested in EVs? Read our review of the new Kabira Mobility e-bikes.
- Renew Okinawa Oki100 Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)