BREAKING: TVS X Launched – TVS’ Sportiest Electric Scooter Is Here
Based on the Creon, the X looks ready to take on the Ather 450X and Ola S1 Pro
The design is quite similar to the original Creon concept with aggressive styling front to back. The apron is muscular and gets a vertically stacked LED headlight unit.
Apart from the design, here are all the highlights of the e-scooter:
- 4.44kWh batter pack with 140km IDC (Indian Driving Cycle) range
- Claimed 105kmph top speed, and does 0-40kmph in just 2.6 seconds
- 11kW Peak power and gets a RAM air intake to cool the motor
- Three riding modes - Xealth, Xtride and Xonic
- First electric scooter in India to get single-channel ABS
- 12-inch wheels | Disc brakes at both ends
- 0-50 percent in 1 hour with the 3kW charger
- 0-80 percent in 3 hours 40 minutes with the regular charger
- Gets an external 950W portable charger or a 3kW SmartXHome charger
- NavPro navigation, which is a full-fledged navigation system
- Smart Xhield (Alerts for crashes, overspeeding, theft alert, geofencing, etc)
- Aluminium twin-spar frame with single-sided rear swingarm
- Fascinating 10.25-inch tilt-adjustable TFT console with customisable UI
- Also features wellness, gaming, live video streaming, cruise control and a lot more
- Additionally, it gets 19-litre of underseat storage
With everything on offer, the TVS X truly is a one-of-a-kind electric scooter and TVS has gone all out to take the fight against the Ather 450X and the Ola S1 Pro. The e-scooter is priced at Rs 2,49,990 (ex-showroom Bengaluru) and gets no FAME 2 subsidy. Bookings are now open at Rs 5,000 and deliveries will commence in December in a phase-wise manner.
The high price tag, for what essentially is an electric scooter, may put some buyers off. However, the X is a commendable and radical approach by TVS, as it explores the limits of performance that can be extracted from an electric scooter. It surely will be a niche offering for those who want a futuristic electric scooter that looks like nothing else in the market.