22Kymco To Localise Products In India Soon
The brand will set up a manufacturing plant at Bhiwadi, Rajasthan
- The plant will have an annual production capacity of 1,00,000 units.
- 22Kymco is likely to bring in petrol-powered scooters via the CBU route initially.
- The Like 200 is priced at Rs 1.3 lakh, while the X-Town 300i ABS costs Rs 2.3 lakh (both on-road Delhi).
- The scooters will go on sale from September 2019.
22Kymco, the joint venture between Taiwanese two-wheeler giant Kymco and Indian startup 22Motors has revealed that it will set up a manufacturing plant at Bhiwadi, Rajasthan. The company claims that its newly launched scooters will be manufactured at the plant and will go on sale by September 2019. While the 22Kymco iFlow electric scooter is already made in India, we’ve come to know that the brand will begin localising its petrol-powered scooters by the end of 2019 too. So the first batch of scooters is likely to enter the country via the CBU route.
The Like 200 is priced at Rs 1.3 lakh, while the X-Town 300i ABS costs Rs 2.3 lakh (both prices on-road Delhi). These are pretty competitive prices for such feature-rich scooters, given that they could be CBU products initially. Bringing the scooters via the CBU route will buy the brand some time to set up its distribution and supply network. This should also help the company ultimately break even once localisation commences. Moreover, given how its scooters cater to niche segments, it is unlikely that 22Kymco will be eyeing huge numbers.
In the first phase, 22Kymco will be setting up dealerships in New Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad to start with. Over the next three years, the company plans to have 300 touch points across the country.
- Renew 22Kymco X-Town 300i Scooter Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)