Dirtsack Speed Bags review
Modified On Dec 1, 2015 By Rommel Albuquerque
Touring the country on motorcycles has become very popular over the last few years. This breed of motorcycle riders have been increasing in numbers and have picked up a few tips from international riders on how to do it right. I’m talking about travelling on your motorcycle, the right way. That means ditching that massive backpack and getting something that won’t put a strain on you while riding long distances.
This is where Dirtsack comes in. One of the first enterprises to manufacture luggage carries for motorcycles in Mumbai. They’ve got a range of saddlebags, tail packs, tank bags and some other cool stuff too. Recently we got their Speed Bags to test out and we were quite impressed. The Speed bags we got are meant for the KTM 200 and 390 but we’ve found that they fit well on a whole range of motorcycles. Now the basis of a saddlebag is to hold your luggage and keep it safe. Normally you’d see big oversized saddle bags on most motorcycles but Dirtsack has made the speed bags keeping in mind those riders who only want to travel short distances or like to travel light. Hence if you notice the size of the Speed bags, their not too big and bulky but instead look sleek and compact. They’ve even got a plastic liner inside to maintain the shape of the bag and if you’re not using it, it folds away in to a slim package.
It’s got a capacity of 20 litres per side and an internal netted pocked to keep additional items. We filled them up to the brim and went for a nice weekend ride to the neighbouring city. When packed properly, that means evenly distributing the weight between the two bags, they sit plush on the pillions seat and you barely notice that they’re strapped on. It’s got a heavy denier ballistic fabric exterior for extreme durability and use a whole lot of other top grade materials while making the saddle bags. The outside pockets are where you’ll find the rain liner and when strapped on tight, they let minimal water in. Overall these are quite a nice pair of saddle bags to have for weekend rides and if you’re looking for something bigger for longer rides, check out their website for some of their other products.
Where to buy: www.dirtsack.in
- Heavy denier ballistic fabrics exterior for extreme durability
- Contoured to the specific profile of the KTM Duke
- Reinforced side walls and base for added strength and shape retention even when empty
- Seams are bound on the inside and stress points are reinforced
- All sides, top and bottom are padded with .25" foam insulation
- Soft plush interior lining
- Quick release buckles allow for easy mounting and dismounting
- Multiple restraint straps designed for a 0 displacement fit on the mono-shock rear end of the KTM Duke 200/390
- Side loading main compartments allow easy packing and access to contents
- 3m 500 cd lux high visibility reflective tapes on 3 sides for safe low light/night riding
- Automotive/aviation(seatbelt specs)grade 100% nylon webbings(straps)
- Heavy duty ykk zippers & slides
- Dimensions - l30/b25/d20
- Capacity - 20 litres per side