Updated Kawasaki Z650 Unveiled In USA
The updates are strictly cosmetic
- Kawasaki has unveiled the updated 2021 Z650 in the USA.
- Gets two new paint jobs -- Metallic Spark Black and Pearl Robotic White.
- Still uses the same 649cc parallel-twin motor putting out 68PS and 64Nm.
The Z650 is now offered in two new paint jobs: Metallic Spark Black (for the non-ABS version only) and Pearl Robotic White (for the ABS version only). The former is similar to the body shade offered in India. While it blends black bodywork and green accents, it misses out on the green alloys provided here.
The Pearl Robotic White shade definitely seems like the standout colour option here, blending sparkly white bodywork and a striking red trellis frame, uncommon on Kawasakis.
Everything else has remained unchanged. The Z650 is still powered by a 649cc parallel-twin motor (mated to a 6-speed gearbox) generating 68PS and 64Nm.
- 2021 Triumph Speed Twin India Launch Confirmed
- BS6 Kawasaki Z650 Road Test Review
- 2021 Ducati Panigale V4 vs BMW S 1000 RR: Photo Comparison
Features include LED illumination, dual-channel ABS, adjustable levers, TFT instrumentation, and smartphone connectivity via Kawasaki’s Rideology app. The bike is also suitable for riders of average height, thanks to the low-slung 790mm-high seat and a comfortable upright riding posture.
In India, the Kawasaki Z650 retails at Rs 6.18 lakh (ex-showroom), making it one of the most affordable big bikes on sale. We expect Kawasaki to introduce these colours here by the end of this year, probably at no extra cost (or maybe a nominal premium only).