Simple Energy’s Upcoming Mark 2 E-scooter Achieves Over 230km At ARAI
The scooter is still in its prototype phase
- Simple Energy says it has already received over 1000 booking enquiries for its scooter.
- Mark 2 claims to have a top speed of 103kmph & a 0-50kmph time of 3.6secs.
- Comes with three different charging options.
- It’s expected to be launched in the first half of 2021.
Simple Energy, a Bengaluru-based electric two-wheeler startup, is creating waves in the EV sector with some promising numbers that’ll soon make ICE-powered scooters a thing of the past. In recent developments, its upcoming Mark 2 e-scooter (still in its prototype phase) has delivered a staggering range of over 230km on a single charge at ARAI, under ideal riding conditions of course. Read about the scooter in detail here.
Performance is usually a trade-off for range, but that isn’t the case with the Mark 2. In fact, the scooter claims to have a top speed of 103kmph and a 0-50kmph time of 3.6 seconds. Those numbers, for the most part, even trump the Ather 450X which has been the benchmark in the e-scooter segment. Check out how the Mark 2 stacks up against the Ather 450X here.
The brand says it’ll price the scooter around Rs 1.1 lakh (ex-showroom), with an expected launch timeline of February 2021. Test rides are expected to commence soon after.
Simple Energy was bootstrapped completely by the founders Suhas & Shreshth. The team is currently working on developing the production model of the Mark 2 and is actively looking for investors.
As for its future plans, Simple Energy aims to have four experience centres in major cities, two for smaller cities and exclusive dealerships for service centres.
- Renew Simple Energy Mark 2 Scooter Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)