Ola Electric Scooter Rakes In 1 Lakh Bookings In 24 Hours
It isn’t surprising considering the token amount is just Rs 499
- The upcoming Ola Electric scooter could be offered in two variants: S1 and S1 Pro.
- It will offer a claimed range of around 150km.
- Expect it to be priced at around Rs 1 lakh.
(UPDATE: The Ola S1 has been launched in India with a starting price of Rs 99,999. Head here to read the launch story)
Ola Electric commenced the pre-bookings for its first electric scooter on the evening of July 15. The company says it has booked over a lakh units within 24 hours. This isn’t all that surprising, considering the token amount is just Rs 499 and is fully refundable. That said, this is a clear indication of how much the customers are interested in the upcoming electric scooter.
The recent price hikes in the petrol-powered two-wheeler industry coupled with the massive fuel prices seem to be pushing prospective customers more towards electric vehicles. Moreover, the introduction of revised FAME II subsidies has helped its case even further.
- Multiple TVS Electric Vehicles Incoming: Retron Electric Bike, Creon Production Version & More
- EXCLUSIVE: Suzuki Burgman Electric Test Mule Spotted Again
- EMotorad EMX, T-Rex And Karbon: First Ride Review
The upcoming Ola Electric scooter could be offered in multiple variants going by the recent trademarks of different names. The e-scooter was spied testing recently and is likely to be launched next month. It will offer a claimed range of about 150km. Ola also plans to set up an extensive charging infrastructure to minimise range anxiety. Read all about the electric scooter here. The e-scooter will compete with the Bajaj Chetak, TVS iQube Electric, and the upcoming Simple Energy Simple One.