2021 Suzuki Hayabusa India Launch Confirmed, To Be Launched Soon
The litre-class supersport has been teased via Suzuki’s social media channels
- Unofficial bookings for the bike have commenced.
- The 2021 Busa was unveiled on 5 February.
- Weighs 2kg less but also makes less power than before.
- Gets electronic riders aids, cosmetic updates and better hardware.
The iconic Suzuki Hayabusa finally received a substantial mid-life update for 2021 which included new looks, a host of electronics and better hardware. The bike was unveiled globally on 5 February and expected to be launched in India in the coming months. Fast forward a few weeks and the brand has already started teasing the bike via its social media channels, hinting that it isn’t far away from its official India launch. Our sources suggest the bike may be launched by May-end or early June 2021.
It’s expected to be priced around Rs 18 lakh to Rs 20 lakh (ex-showroom) since it'll be imported via the CBU route initially. The 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa, for reference, was priced at Rs 13.75 lakh (ex-showroom). Interested customers can book the bike (unofficially) for a token amount of around Rs 2 lakh - 5 lakh, depending on the city.
- Is This The Royal Enfield Classic 650?
- New Bike Launches In March 2021
- Husqvarna 125 Launch Confirmed
- 2021 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Spotted Testing
The India-spec Busa will of course see a couple of alterations to comply with Indian laws. This may include the much-despised saree guard, a front-mounted number plate holder and rear-view mirror-integrated turn indicators.
It’s powered by the same 1340cc inline four-cylinder motor which now complies with BS6 emissions, but makes less power than before. It produces 190PS and 150Nm, 7PS and 5Nm less than its predecessor. Suzuki says the internals of the engine have been reworked for better refinement, improved low-end grunt and reliability. The bike also gets a bi-directional quickshifter, cruise control, and ride-by-wire as standard.
Other notable updates include better brakes, tyres and aerodynamics. We’ve already covered all the updates in depth which you can read about here.
- Renew 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Bike Insurance - Save Upto 75%* with Best Insurance Plans - (InsuranceDekho.com)