EMotorad T-Rex Electric MTB Set To Launch Next Week
Modified On Jan 6, 2021 02:56 PM By Zaran Mody
It will be the second offering from the Pune company after its EMX e-cycle launched last year
The fact that mobility is going electric is irrefutable, but this revolution isn’t just limited to motorcycles and scooters. Bicycles are also seeing increasing electrification, and jumping on this bandwagon is Pune-based EV company EMotorad, which is gearing up to launch its second offering in India. Adding onto the EMX e-cycle launched last year, EMotorad will be launching the T-Rex electric MTB next week.
The expected price is Rs 45,000, and for this you will get a hard-tail frame bicycle assisted by a 250 watt electric motor that derives juice from a 36V, 7.8Ah battery pack. Pedal-assisted range is a healthy 60km, which drops down to 35-40km when travelling on electric power alone. You can get up to a top speed of 25kmph and then use disc brakes front and rear to slow you back down. Check out the press release below for the full details:
Pune, 05 Jan: After a successful launch of their flagship product EMX, Pune-based EV company EMotorad (EM) is all set to launch T-Rex – an e-MTB designed especially for the Indian terrain.
If you’re an adventure junkie looking to explore the endless paths, T-Rex is your perfect partner. Your uphill adventure partner, it glides effortlessly on rough terrains to make unforgettable memories. T-Rex has a high-tech enterprise 36V 7.8Ah that charges to 100% capacity in about four hours. One can simply put it on charging anywhere, anytime.
Slated to be launched in the second week of January 2021, T-Rex comes under the category of premium yet affordable comfortable single suspension e-bike. The approximate cost of this product will be INR 45,000. “Post the successful launch of our flagship model EMX, we were flooded with positive responses and the most common query was an all-electric hard-trail frame without suspension fitted rear frame. The masses were requesting a mid-ranged e-bike with a pocket-friendly reach. Thus the R&D concluded with the introduction of the first prototype of T-Rex and finally went into production. However, we decided to integrate the front suspension to add further comfort while riding across the Indian terrain. Our new e-bike is slated to be launched in the mid of January,” informs Rajib Gangopadhyay, Founder, EM.
Top 5 features
1. Frameset & Electrical Systems: T-Rex has a 6061 aluminum frame. The adjustable front suspension makes the movement of the bike smooth and easy.
2. Display: The LCD 866 Display shows a few details about the bike and the user’s ride. The display remote helps in performing various operations and toggle between different sets of information on the screen. A few pieces of information available on the screen include battery charge indicator, distance, distance unit, pedal assist level, and much more.
3. Battery: T-Rex has a high-tech enterprise 36V 7.8Ah that charges to 100% capacity in 4 hours. One can simply put it on charging anywhere, anytime.
4. Drivetrain & Components: T-Rex functions on Shimano 7 Speed Derailleurs. It has a LED headlight and LED rear light.
5. Wheels: T-Rex has CST tyres that ensure smooth glide on the move. It has an integrated Aluminium rim.