eBikeGo Launches The Rugged Electric Bike At Rs 84,999 In India
eBikeGo is an online platform that provides e-bikes on rent
- The Rugged is offered in two variants; G1 and G1+
- The G1 claims to offer an 80km range whereas the G1+ claims 160km.
- The only difference between the two variants is the availability of an extra battery pack for the latter.
- The G1 costs Rs 84,999 and the G1+ retails at Rs 1,04,999 (both ex-showroom, exclusive of Fame II subsidy).
eBikeGo, an Indian e-bike rental platform, has launched its latest EV, the Rugged G1. It’s available in two variants: G1 and G1+. The asking price for the G1 is set at Rs 84,999 whereas the G1+ costs Rs 1,04,999 (both ex-showroom, excluding the Fame II subsidy). But what do you get for the money?
As the name suggests, the G1’s design is pretty rugged and should be well suited as a city runabout. It uses a v-shaped frame and gets LED illumination all around. Moreover, you also get 50 litres of underseat storage.
- 2022 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 Spied Testing For The First Time
- 2021 Royal Enfield Classic 350 Launch Soon, Expected Price Analysed
- TVS iQube Road Test Review
It’s powered by a 3kW motor and a removable 1.9kWh lithium-ion battery which delivers a top speed of 75kmph. The maximum claimed range for the G1 is limited to 80km and that for the G1+ is 160km, thanks to its second battery pack. A full charge takes about four hours.
Feature-wise, the Rugged G1 gets an LCD cluster, a USB charging slot and an optional IoT provision as well. You can lock/unlock the scooter using your smartphone and even track the e-bike’s location.
Suspension hardware for the Rugged G1 comprises a leading link fork with anti-dive and 4-point adjustable twin rear shocks. The braking setup consists of discs at both ends with CBS (Combined Braking System).
With the inclusion of the Fame II subsidy, the asking price can further be lowered. In the EV space, it rivals the Revolt RV 400 electric motorcycle, Ather 450X, TVS iQube Electric and the recently launched Ola S1 and Simple Energy One.