The untold Knight
If you are reading this review, it means you want to do something out of the box and be different from others which is what exactly I kept in mind while planning to buy this for my mother. Although it has been purchased for my mother I always test the vehicle personally for giving the most accurate suggestion to anyone else.
**Disclaimer: Long and Detailed review ahead, please hold patience to read it for a good decision.
I would break my bike review into 3 parts namely Pro's; Con's; Neutral/Variable points.
I would always like to begin with
- Stylish looks: Classy retro styling most suitable for classic people who like classy bike and scooters like Vespa (I myself consider it has a budget version of Vespa)
- Stability: the scooter is very mich stable considering other scooters (I literally drove 80% of scooters from all my friends and have TVS Jupiter with myself)
- Engine smoothness: Buddy this is one of the best engines from Yamaha with a very smooth drive with very low vibration when compared to other options. You won't realize when the engine went up to 65.
- Height: Although the ground clearance of this scooter is low among segment still it doesn't have any issues and I personally feel 10 MM difference in the ground doesn't matter in daily city life because we aren't going to have an off-road challenge with this.Coming to the main point height, this scooter is perfect for ladies with height up to 5'10" with the great seating position.
- Big storage compartment: It has one of the biggest (in length) under-seat storage I have seen.
- Fuel economy: As we know that the most common number for mileage of the scooter is 40-45 KMPL. While mine is giving 48-53 KMPL with my mother's driving.
Now we have
- Braking: I personally feel that Yamaha should have gone with Front disc option. Although the 2019 model (mine) have Sync technology braking, it doesn't give that confidence of safe braking.
- Features : I think Yamaha didn't use available resources properly because this scooter lack many features like Light dipper option (Like TVS Jupiter); Kill switch (should have used empty space from removal of headlight switch); Light in under-seat storage; External fuel filling (they have completely avoided and wasted such space in rear portion) ; Stand indicator (they have a lot of space left on deck). Giving at least half of these will surely boost sales of this.
- Front storage instead of a hook: I feel the small compartment they gave below key switch is completely useless with very small unable to fit even a proper half-liter bottle. They should have gone with front hook integrated to the body so that one carries basic items like fruits. I personally made one from hard plastic.
- Rear Visibility: Mirrors need to be improved. They considered styling leading to poor visibility.
Neutral / Variable points :
- Handling: I put this in neutral because of the handling difficult for a person with a height more than 6 feet or with long legs. Apart from this, I would pit handling in Pro department for its smooth handling performance.
- Speed: If you are a person looking for a high-speed performance then I don't think its for you. I felt my TVS Jupiter (2015) goes very much speed. but I feel such engine give more life due to low rough usage.
- Pick up: Although it's good enough you might be using much due to lack of confidence in quick braking in case of an emergency. I felt pickup was equal to many others.
- Suspension: Suspension is doing it works good but I feel work to be done to give better comfort. Still its on good side.
That's it, guys.
This is my review on Yamaha Fascino which I brought primarily for my mother. I would very much recommend this scooter if it gives more confidence in Braking system. I hope any R&D guys of Yamaha see my review and take it head and improve the neutral points and eliminate Con's.
** Disclaimer 2: I highly recommend anyone to have a personal test drive and also get the primary user of vehicle a test drive because everyone has there own taste and opinions. The co-ordination can be only tested during a test drive. Some may like while may not. It's not a mobile which can be changed next year. It's a bond between driver and vehicle, it can be successful on the confidence of driving with comfort, pride and safety.
That's it guys, I hope I gave a clear and honest review of the vehicle and you like it.
With a smile,
- 7 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Yamaha Fascino User Reviews
Rate the Scooter
- All (95)
- Mileage (39)
- Looks (32)
- Engine (19)
- Comfort (16)
- Pickup (13)
- Service (13)
- KMPL (10)
- More ...
- MOST HELPFUL
- VERIFIED PURCHASE
- View All Yamaha Fascino Reviews