First long ride with RE Interceptor 650 & excellent fuel economy of 33.50km/ltr
First long ride with the RE Interceptor 650 to Coorg after the first service.
It was a big surprise for me. After riding in city for the first 500 kms, and the average mileage hovering around 22 kms in city, it returned me an impressive mileage of 33.50 km/ltr.
I am sure people might doubt because it is too much from what the company has officially has claimed.
But point to be noted here is it was driven under certain conditions.
I didn't want to abuse the engine till first 2000 kms. (It is also described in the user manual to take utmost care during the first 2000 kms.)
1. The road to coorg was really good.. Most of the time either 5th or 6th gear.
2. Never crossed more than 100 km/hr
3. Never crossed more than 4500 rpm
4. Temperature was really cool. Never felt engine was hot.
5. Half of the distance was solo ride( we had also a car during the trip), but the pillion was more than 90 kilos :)
I really wanted to check the mileage so made sure I had set my trip to 0 before filling the tank and made sure it was full tank with almost no space.
When i reached Madikeri, i still had so much fuel left and it took just 8.64 litre to make it full tank again.(Pic attached). Total distance 289.9 km, fuel consumed 8.64 ltr. Average mileage 33.50 km/ltr.
Overall it was a good first long ride.
Other Interceptor 650 Reviews
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Road Test
Users Also Viewed
Other Royal Enfield Bikes
- Royal Enfield Classic 500Rs.0.00 - 2.45 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield Classic 350Rs.1.55 - 1.86 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield HimalayanRs.2.11 - 2.16 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield Continental GT 650Rs.3.04 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500XRs.2.48 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350Rs.1.78 Lakh*
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500Rs.1.30 Lakh*