Classic 350 : - The no-nonsense Bike.
I own RE Classic 350 and using it for daily commuting as well as for long trips. I have ridden it 45000 kms in the span of less than 3 years. The bike has many pros and cons which are listed hereunder ,
1. Good amount of torque at lower RPM.
2. Comfortable handling in city traffic.
3. Performs very good on highways as it can cruise between 80-100 km/hr all day.
4. Reliable Engine which is being used for decades now.
5. Seat height is perfect for an average Indian. Rider seat is wider hence more comfortable in long rides.
6. 135mm ground clearance which is better than other competitors in this segment.
7. Bike does not wobble on highways thanks to its weight which is around 192 Kgs.
8. Most of the body is made of metal, so there is hardly any chances of any serious damage to bike in case of fall.
9. Disk breaks on both wheels works good.
10. Simplicity of the bike is major plus point. Lesser electrical gimmicks eliminates the risk of failing which is most important if you consider long rides.
11. The beauty of the bike is that it lets you in charge of the ride. Power is linear and smooth unlike other competitor bikes which scare you with sudden surge in power delivery.
12. Parts are cheaper and their life is relatively longer which helps you to conveniently ride for long hours.
13. lower maintenance on the go : once you start a long ride, the bike does not ask for frequent pitstop while on the go. Just basic chain spray, refueling etc. is enough.
1. Top speed is limited to 110-115Kms/hr. After that, vibrations are unbearable.
2. Rear view mirrors are short. All you can see is your arms in mirrors.
3. Front Suspension is bad. Soaks the bumps but makes noise and even touches front mud guard.
4. Exhaust pipe is not upward tilted and is relatively lower as compared to the overall ground clearance of bike. With a pillion on back, you would definitely hear exhaust pipe scratching on large bumps on roads.
5. Service interval is only 3000 Kms. If you are an avid rider, make sure you will burn hole in the pocket.
6. It takes time to get used to vibrations of the bike.
7. Tank capacity of 13.5 lt. is a joke. BS4 models behave cranky when the tank is full. 3/4th of the tank capacity is advisable. So overall you get only 10 lts. which lasts up to 300-350 kms.
8. No fuel gauge. No MIDs.
To put this into perspective, the RE Classic 350 is powerful, reliable and easy-to-ride bike. The bike keeps the promise of giving a happy ride. You can enjoy the world around you while riding. But to keep up with the classic cult, the bike has intentionally kept modern bike features away like radial tyres, alloy wheels, DRLs, Multi Information Display etc. which customers wouldn't mind if added into the bike. Top speed is limited to 110-115/hr. which at times feels boring especially when you are out on open highways.
That be said, even if the bike lacks features, it still rules the hearts of Indians. It is a beauty to behold, a dream to bike riders and a passion for community who believe in no-nonsense bike culture. This bike has stayed for decades and will stay for years to come.
- 6 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Royal Enfield Classic 350 User Reviews
- All (604)
- Looks (132)
- Comfort (126)
- Mileage (112)
- Engine (98)
- Power (95)
- Performance (70)
- Experience (49)
- More ...
- MOST HELPFUL
- VERIFIED PURCHASE
- View All Royal Enfield Classic 350 Reviews