Ducati Multistrada V4 Launched In India, Prices Start From Rs 18.99 Lakh
It is the world’s most powerful ADV bike
- The 1158cc Granturismo V4 engine puts out 170PS and 125Nm, the highest figures ever seen on an ADV.
- There’s radar-based adaptive cruise control on the Multi V4.
- It squares off against the likes of the BMW R 1250 GSA and the Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250.
The highly exclusive and extremely fearsome Ducati Multistrada V4 is now available in India. The asking price for the standard Multi V4 is set at Rs 18.99 lakh (ex-showroom) while its more tech-loaded S trim costs Rs 23.10 lakh for the Ducati Red option and Rs 23.30 lakh for the Aviator Grey one. It is on the pricier side when you compare it to the Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250 (STD: Rs 16.90 lakh, Special: Rs 19.99 lakh) but it isn't that much dearer than the BMW R 1250 GS Adventure (Rs 22.40 lakh).
- BREAKING: Ola Electric Scooter To Be Launched In 10 Colour Options
- Track-only KTM RC 8C Debuts Globally
- 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa: Road Test Review
Irrespective of their prices, there’s one major factor that separates the Multi from the other two ADVs and that’s its V4 engine. Ducati had to rework the Desmosedici Stradale V4 motor to suit the ADV. Thus was born the 1158cc Granturismo V4 mill. It was quite a brave decision to drop the Desmodromic valves, and while 170PS at 10,500rpm and 125Nm at 8750rpm aren’t anywhere close to Ducati’s other V4 bikes, it still is the most powerful motor ever fitted to an adventure bike.
The styling is typically Multistrada, the flared angry bird look making it seem quite menacing. However, you will notice a small box-like item between the two headlights. That’s the radar-based cruise control system that Ducati has been working on for ages. While it is a technological advancement, we aren’t quite sure of how beneficial the aid would be on our highways, which are quite chaotic in comparison to the European ones.
For an entire down-low on the Multistrada V4, check out this story.