Bajaj Discover 125 CBS Launched In India
The Discover 125 is offered in two variants - drum and disc
- The Discover 125 drum variant is priced at Rs 58,003 while the disc version costs Rs 61,504 (both ex-showroom Delhi).
- That’s a price hike of a little over Rs 800 and Rs 2,016 respectively.
- Apart from the addition of CBS, the bike remains unchanged.
- The entire Discover range now comes with CBS.
- While the Platina 100ES, V12 are yet to be updated with CBS, the V15 hasn’t been updated with ABS either.
Bajaj has launched the Discover 125 with the safety net of CBS (Combined Braking System). The Bajaj DIscover 125 CBS is offered in drum and disc brake-equipped variants, priced at Rs 58,003 and Rs 61,504 (both prices ex-showroom Delhi) respectively. That’s a premium of a little over Rs 800 for the drum variant and Rs 2,016 for the disc version. The Discover 110 already has CBS and with this development, the entire Discover range now comes equipped with CBS.
Apart from this, the Discover 125 remains unchanged. It’s powered by a 124.5cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that puts out 10.7PS at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 10.9Nm at 5500rpm. It comes mated to a 4-speed transmission. Suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks and twin Nitrox shock absorbers at the rear. The Bajaj Discover 125’s braking setup comprises of a 240mm disc brake up front and a 130mm drum unit at the rear. On the contrary, the base version gets a 130mm drum brake at the front and a 110mm drum unit at the rear.
In terms of competition, the Bajaj Discover 125 goes up against the Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour, Hero Super Splendor and Yamaha Saluto. All said and done, there are four bikes in Bajaj’s portfolio that still need to be updated with either CBS or ABS in order to comply with the recently implemented safety norms. These include the Platina 100ES, V12 and V15.