Why I must choose Mojo instead of Dominar 400
Why I must choose Mojo instead of Dominar 400
I was looking for a new bike that I could use for at least 10 yrs, so the bike build quality/reliability was my first criteria, followed by comfort for long-distance touring and a powerful, torquey engine.
Test Ride before finalizing:- I test rode the following bikes - Apache 200 RTR, Himalayan, Duke 200, Gixxer 250, Xpulse 200, Dominar 400 and Mahindra Mojo. Here is the reason why I think Mahindra Mojo is better than all these other bikes. (I purchased the Mojo BS4 ABS model in March 2020).
1) No doubt Mahindra Mojo is less in power when compared to Dominar 400, but Mojo’s over build quality, engine refinement and comfort is simply a notch above. I have ridden my bike for more than 10,000 km now and even now the bike still looks and feels brand new. No suspension squeaks, or from brakes etc, no vibrating plastics (due to maximum metal parts used) while riding.
2) The engine in Mojo is butter smooth, very torquey and also free-revving. At 4k RPM the bike hits 70kms and at 6k RPM it will easily cross 110kms. Since the bike has 6 gears I can effortlessly cruise and also get decent mileage or around 33 – 35kmpl. The petrol tank is also full metal (21 litres).
3) The front fork is now telescopic from the earlier USD but it is very sturdy plus comes with fork braces which I have not seen in any other bikes. I have gone over potholes at 80kms speed and the bike did not wobble and was very stable. Mojo has a unique rear suspension setup. The rear mono-shock is actually positioned slightly towards the left side (Offset like is some premium sportbikes). And most other bikes have 5 or 6 stage settings, but Mojo’s rear suspension has infinite adjustment as per your liking.
4) Also, Mojo’s chassis is double tubular frame type, hence the bike is solid as a rock. The exhaust sound from the single stainless steel stock silencer is just music to the ears. It along with the twin-pod headlight setup is a head-turner for sure
5) The bike seat is also very comfortable for both rider and pillion. The handlebar is also raised a bit and wide. The footpegs are positioned in such a way that when you sit on the bike, your back is straight and your legs are neither bent back nor stretched forward. It is a perfect rider triangle, which is very much required if you have back issues or want to ride long-distance. I have done 200+ km non-stop on the Bangalore-Hassan highway without any discomfort. I have now also started using the bike to commute to the office and riding on the ring road is so much better.
6) Mahindra Mojo also organizes regular free check-up/service camps. Spare parts are also not very costly and so is the service cost. Recommended Oil change interval is 5k km (1.25 litres) which is very decent for a 295cc engine. Air filters, oil filters, brake pads, chains and sprockets are very affordable.
7) The Mojo Tribe members are very knowledgeable, and even the showroom dealers, as well as service representatives, are very supportive. Mahindra Mojo also organizes its annual anniversary rides for fellow riders to ride together, meet and have a good time. This experience is very important and honestly,
On the negative side, I wish the light throw would have been better from the twin-pod headlight setup. I have upgraded the bulbs to the higher wattage and it has solved this issue. Some of the riders have installed aux light/fog lamps to increase the night visibility.
To conclude, what I suggest is you need to see the Mojo in-person to feel its strong built quality, fit and finish. Also, you must take it on a test ride to experience the comfort it offers and its refined, torquey engine. It really is a far superior motorcycle to any other in this price segment (between 2.5L - 2.7L on-road). It makes you feel like the owner of a premium motorbike with a unique charm and also gives you that commanding road presence.
- 23 Likes
- 1 Dislikes
Mahindra Mojo 300 BS6 User Reviews
- All (7)
- Comfort (4)
- Parts (2)
- Looks (2)
- Service (2)
- Spare (1)
- Experience (1)
- Mileage (1)
- More ...
- MOST HELPFUL
Under Rated Masterpiece
As an owner and a fan, since I was Kid, Mojo is the best bike in my opinion, sadly Indian market and people couldn't.....Read More
Best Bike In India Mahindra.....
Mahindra Mojo 300 bs6 bike is the best bike in India, not for only students it's for everyone. It's comfortable for.....Read More
Why I must choose Mojo.....
I was looking for a new bike that I could use for at least 10 yrs, so the bike build quality/reliability was my first.....Read More
One Of the Best Tourer Bike.....
It's One Of the Best Tourer Available In India. 26 BHP Against 294CC is superb. Low Maintenance Cost. Up Ride.....Read More
Very good bike.
Very good bike, for both for Touring and City commute. Definitely attention grabbing bike with good sensors for safety.....Read More
- View All Mahindra Mojo 300 BS6 Reviews
Users Also Viewed
More Bike Options to Consider
User Reviews of Mojo 300 BS6 Popular Competitors
- Rs.2.16 - 2.28 Lakh*based on 75 User reviews