Stay away from Honda CBR250R BS4 Edition
Beware it’s just the name Honda sells in India, not a quality product or service nowadays. I am already a victim of this, so just sharing my experience. Most of the ownership reviews you find online are for older editions which make you fall for Honda CBR250R if you like refinement.
So does most of the bike rental services like Wicked Ride or DriveZy have older 2016-17 editions and they are awesome to experience. That was my validation & research before I bought the Honda CBR250R on May 10, 2019. (Honda CBR250R Sep 2018 manufactured). Issues I faced from day 1 of bike delivery are (HMSI Ticket No 1-71490982781):
1. Heavy engine vibrations due to slipped engine mount bolts also they replaced rocker arm, CAM, shims & sprocket set to address overall vibrations.
2. Handle wobbling between 70-80 KMPH, they replaced cone set assembly and didn’t resolve the issue. It seems they have defective tyres, they replaced rear tyre still issue not resolved.
3. Metal clicking noise from frames and under the tank. The issue was addressed by applying foam tape between frame (chassis) and tank and side body panels.
4. ASC damaged radiator during water wash which they had to replace after a fight proving their incompetence.
Most of the new BS4 CBRs have these vibrations issues just check any Honda CBR forum on FB or online. In a nutshell, you might be lucky to get a good unit. However, ASCs service competence is crap. You will suffer from their trial and error method of fixing issues.
They trust in your patience to cover their incompetence. My 79 days old Honda CBR250R spent 30 days in ASCs - 8 attempts and still handle wobbling issue is not fixed. HMSI BLR regional head is also aligned for this for 3 weeks for last 3 attempts.
- 19 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Honda CBR250R User Reviews
Rate the Bike
- All (22)
- Power (7)
- Looks (6)
- Comfort (5)
- Performance (4)
- Color (3)
- Experience (3)
- Tyres (3)
- More ...
- MOST HELPFUL
- View All Honda CBR250R Reviews