Bajaj Dominar 400 vs BMW G 310 R
Should you buy Bajaj Dominar 400 or BMW G 310 R Find out which bike is best for you - compare the two models on the basis of their price, mileage, features, colours and other specs. Bajaj Dominar 400 price in Delhi is Rs 1.97 Lakh (ex-showroom price) whereas the BMW G 310 R price in Delhi is Rs 2.45 Lakh (ex-showroom). The engine in the Dominar 400 makes 40 PS and 35 Nm . On the other hand, the power and torque of G 310 R stand at 34 PS and 28 Nm respectively. Bajaj offers the Dominar 400 in 2 colours whereas the BMW G 310 R comes in 3 colours. Out of 36 user reviews, G 310 R scores 4.5 whereas the Bajaj Dominar 400 tallies 4.5 out of 5 based on 128 user reviews.
Dominar 400 vs G 310 R
|Key Highlights||Dominar 400||G 310 R|
|Body Type||Sports Naked Bikes||Sports Naked Bikes|
|Engine Type||Single cylinder, 4 stroke, DOHC, 4 Valve, Liquid cooled, Triple Spark, FI||Water Cooled, Single-Cylinder, 4-Valves, DOHC Engine|
|Displacement||373.3 cc||313 cc|
|Max Power||40 PS @ 8800 rpm||34 PS @ 9500 rpm|
|On Road Price|
Rs.2.35 Lakh onwards
Rs.2.75 Lakh onwards
|EMI Starts||₹ 7,602||₹ 8,121|
Dominar 400 Insurance
G 310 R Insurance
|Engine and Transmission|
Single cylinder, 4 stroke, DOHC, 4 Valve, Liquid cooled, Triple Spark, FI
Water Cooled, Single-Cylinder, 4-Valves, DOHC Engine
40 PS @ 8800 rpm
34 PS @ 9500 rpm
35 Nm @ 6500 rpm
28 Nm @ 7500 rpm
|No. of Cylinders|
|Valve Per Cylinder|
Wet, Multiplate with Assist & Slipper Clutch
Mechanically operated multidisc wet clutch
|Features and Safety|
Twin Barrel Exhaust
Ride By Wire Technology
|Engine Kill Switch||Yes|
Add another bikes to comparison
|Mileage and Performance|
|Acceleration (0-60 Kmph)|
|Acceleration (0-80 Kmph)|
|Acceleration (0-100 Kmph)|
|Roll-ons (30-70 kmph)|
|Roll-ons (40-80 kmph)|
|Braking (60-0 Kmph)|
|Braking (80-0 Kmph)|
|Braking (100-0 Kmph)|
|Chassis and Suspension|
Beam type perimeter frame
Sports Naked Bikes, Sports Bikes
Sports Naked Bikes
Telescopic, 43 mm USD Fork, 135 mm travel
Upside down fork
Multi-step adjustable Mono shock with Nitrox, Wheel stroke of 110 mm
Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load adjustable
|Dimensions and Capacity|
|Turn Signal Lamp|
|LED Tail Lights||Yes|
12 V, 8 Ah
12 V, 8 Ah
|Tyres and Brakes|
Front :-110/70-17, Rear :-150/60-17
Front :-110/70-R17, Rear :- 150/60-R17
Front :-431.8 mm, Rear :-431.8 mm
Front :-431.8 mm,Rear :-431.8 mm
|Front Brake Diameter|
|Rear Brake Diameter|
Pros and Cons
Bajaj Dominar 400
- Upright riding position and wide seat makes it a comfortable over long distance rides.
- Gets a powerful and refined motor.
- Dual channel ABS and larger front disc offers reduced braking distance.
BMW G 310 R
- Vibrations have been toned down to a great extent.
- Suspension retune allows for a more composed ride with a pillion.
- Excellent brakes. Offer good bite, feedback and progression.
- Paint quality brings out the premiumness of the product.
Bajaj Dominar 400
- Inconvenient secondary instrument cluster positioning
- Feels heavy to manoeuvre at low speeds
- Overall ride quality could've been better
BMW G 310 R
- The Michelin Pilot Street tyres lack grip, thus affecting the bikes braking performance & handling.
- Sticks to the same LCD display. A full-colour TFT screen would have been a welcome addition.
- Service and spare part costs are still likely to be more expensive than its competition.
Must read articles for Dominar 400 and G 310 R
Still think you can do better with Rs lakh Here rsquo s what else you can get for around the...
Okay maybe not direct family feud but rather a joint family one Much to the delight of Indian enthusiasts BMW...
The naked small-capacity BMW has received three new sets of colours This was surely one of the best bits of...
Research more on Dominar 400 and G 310 R
Competitors of Bajaj Dominar 400 and BMW G 310 R
User Reviews of Comparison
- Popular Bikes
- Upcoming Bikes
- Latest Bikes
Questions And Answers
- Dominar 400
- G 310 R